Thursday, February 11, 2010

R.I.P Nana Pierce

On Sunday morning i got the sad news that my Nana had passed away. Talking to Mum tears flowed, she was a good old stick with a lust for life and bloody good at making yummy things to eat like her famous shortbread. As we say back home she had a good innings departing at a grand age of 96 seeing more in her lifetime than most. Nana was so proud of all her relatives from sons and daughters right down to greats of grand children, she loved us all dearly and we love her so much. It's really weird being so far from home when this happens, i haven't seen her for 7 years and i tell you what my love for her grew if anything. I went to the Cliffs of Moher and said my goodbye's & as i was driving early in the morning i saw this moon. It was amazing and straight away i thought of Nana at peace up there smiling down on us. Thanks for the great times Nana.

Man on the moon my arse...that's my Nana smiling down on all of us.Dad & NanaMum & NanaMe waving goodbye R.I.P.
Also on the day Clare and in particular Aileens was going off, an awesome session went down with both bodyboarders and surfers taking to it. Everyone knew each other and all got there fair share of waves. Tom Lowe was back in great form and bagged a few bombs like the one below. I then went for a visit to DH surfboards owner and shaper Tom Doidge-Harrison and checked his latest shapes out, here he is in the bottom photo holding the board and the photo sequence i took from the hell paddle session last easter, the wave after this he freefell 20ft and broke 2 ribs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment